Kevin Bolden, 47, of New Haven, pleaded guilty today to one count of bank robbery in the U.S. District Court in New Haven.
According to court documents and statements made in court, Bolden committed the following six bank robberies in one month, stealing a total of more than $15,000:
- Citizens Bank in New Haven on March 7 for $1,375
- First Niagara Bank on 211 Amity Rd., Woodbridge on March 8 for $3,290
- People’s United Bank on 2586 Summer St., Stamford on March 12 for $5,786
- Citizens Bank on 1 Atlantic St., Stamford on March 19 for $1,140
- Citibank on 453 East Putnam Ave, Greenwich on March 22 for $1,226
- Chase Bank in Bridgeport on March 27 for $2,582
During five of the robberies, Bolden was assisted by Moneek Grant, 34, of New Haven. Sentencing is scheduled for March 4, 2013 and Bolden faces a maximum term of imprisonment of 20 years and a fine of up to $250,000.
Bolden has been detained since his arrest on April 4. On Oct. 2, Moneek Grant pleaded guilty to one count of bank robbery. She awaits sentencing.
This case has been investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the New Haven, Stamford, Woodbridge, Greenwich and Bridgeport Police Departments. The case is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Douglas P. Morabito.