An Evidenced-Based Study Skills System That Works!
Organization, Time Management & Executive Functioning
DOES YOUR STUDENT KNOW HOW TO STUDY?
Educators agree that Study Skills are the necessary and a critical foundation for positive academic results.
S4 - Successful Study Skills 4 Students is proud to announce it its highly successful evidenced-based workshop for Middle School students in Milford, Aug. 13 -17 from 1 – 2:30. Last summer’s workshops were completely full.
S4 is an accessible, logical and easy-to-implement system for student organization, notetaking, test preparation, time management and much more. Based entirely on educational research and proven benchmark studies, and taught by certified, Master's-degreed teachers, S4 offers a template for student success - both in and outside of school.
What your Student Will Learn
In lively and highly participatory sessions, students will actively learn how to apply the taught study skills to their academic work, both in class and in their homework, including:
- Time Management
- How to Use a Planner and Why it's Essential
- How to Take Notes while Reading
- Understanding Main Ideas & Important Details
- The Importance of Asking Questions
- Active Reading Strategies
- Generating Effective Questions
- Using Pictures & Graphic Organizers
- Summarizing to Learn
- Notebook Organization
- Test & Long Term Project Strategies
What your Student Will Gain
When students know what and how to study, they feel great about themselves and their work. S4's dynamic teachers lead students through a series of engaging and interactive activities designed to give students both confidence and motivation. Program highlights and objectives are:
- Interactive activities to reinforce taught skills
- Led by experienced & dynamic teachers
- Easy to implement system
- Designed to encourage participation by even the most reluctant student
- Parent materials for at-home support
- How-to work effectively
- How to work with purpose
- Methods to engage and interact with academic material
- Building on new ideas and info
- Reduced anxiety
Feel free to contact S4 with questions at 203-30-S-K-I-L-L (203-307-5455).
S4 looks forward to hosting your student at the Study Skills Workshop at the , 200 High St, Milford, CT.
Limited class size further ensures that workshop participants get personalized in-classroom support.
S4 provides all materials, including detailed parental emails following each session, and a take-home folder for at-home support.